Friday 28 February 2020

AutoCAD Ribbon top tip


The AutoCAD ribbon has been a contentious subject since it was introduced some ten years ago.
Discussions still continue as to whether the ribbon is an improvement or not. Seasoned users of AutoCAD tend not to like the ribbon, even these seasoned users are divided into those that want the old-style menus back and the ones that are fully command line users.

For me the ribbon in AutoCAD is exceptionally good. I’m a seasoned user and have used AutoCAD since 1986. The combination of ribbon and my long-time command line use gives me what I think is the best of both interfaces
.
On a recent demo session, on AutoCAD Plant 3D, I dragged the layer menu into the workspace as I moved to another tab on the ribbon. I then had my layers available whilst working with the insert tab active. The client said wait a moment what did you just do? He did not know this was possible.

I thought I might look at this as a tip for the AutoCAD users that like placement of toolbars.

The below image is how we see the layers menu in the home tab on the ribbon.


We can simply click and drag out the menu into the workspace



The menu is now in the workspace and can be positioned where it is required. The beauty of this is that I have my layers menu available while I change to use features of the insert tab.

1 comment:

  1. If more people that write articles really concerned themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. Thank you for caring about your content.
    CAFM

    ReplyDelete

What’s New in AutoCAD Electrical 2025

This blog will examine what’s new in AutoCAD Electrical 2025. Automatic Reports Enhancement In AutoCAD Electrical 2025, you can now cre...